Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend fun

 WOW, what a great time I had this weekend. Spent most of it, chasing stations on the air, with the SKCC (Straight Key Century Club) group, working every state and DX (Distant) station I could. Out of 19 possible DX stations, i was able to get 16 of them. Not bad for a 100 watt station. The cool part is, that they are a really active group of morse code enthusiasts, working excusively in that mode of communication. I have always liked morse code too, so that helps. To me it is almost musical, and I can hear patterns of words, rather than each individual character being sent. When I am on a roll, i can copy up to 55 WPM (Words Per Minute) of Morse code. That isnt blazingly fast, but it is a decent rate.
 I joined this group a few months ago, but hadn’t been active until this weekend. They also hold monthly Weekend sprints, for 24 hours. The point of the sprint is to work as many other members, and non-members as you can in the allotted time. Talk about fun. I look forward to next month, when they have the next sprint. I already missed the sprint for this month.
 All in all, I did absolutely nothing productive, and just sat on my butt and did morse code all weekend, what could be better ?
 Guess it's Monday morning, so time to get back to work. Thanks for reading, and have a great day. Theron

No comments:

Post a Comment