Monday, January 9, 2012

Musical talent.

 Wow, i saw a post a little while ago, from a young lady, that was wondering if she should pursue her dream of being a singer, and how she has the little voice screaming in her head to sing. My advice was to follow that dream, or she would always regret it. I am speaking of course, from first hand knowledge.
 I have always loved making music, wether it be tapping to the song in my head, or making unusual musical instruments out of everyday objects, and making a rythymn out of it. I even learned to play guitar, just so I could play along with the song in my head. To this day, I truly regret that I didnt do anything with this talent. I still sing all day long, and make up my own words as I go along, often in real time. I have all these talents, and the little scared boy inside of me constantly screams to go for it. I am a coward, tried and true, and never had the nerve to get up and perform in front of an audience, unless I was drunk. Then I just get obnoxious.
 My point is, that if you have these abilities, then follow them through, and see where they lead you, or you will have that little voice in your head screaming at you, and before you know it, you will be old, wondering and wishing you had done something with it. I know I regret it....

No comments:

Post a Comment